Tuesday, August 09, 2011

When the Rain Comes...





I know you are going through a hard time. Quite possibly the hardest thing you have ever gone through or will ever go through again.

It hurts

It's confusing

It wasn't supposed to happen this way

I know, because I have been there...in the darkest time of my life. The time where I wasn't sure if I would be able to find the strength to get out of bed, let alone get through the storm.

I watched a video that was given to me by a friend. In it, Louis says something to the effect of "in that time when you think you might die from the pain...when you can't stand up under it, what do you do? You get on your knees, and ask God for strength. Just enough strength to get through the day. Then you sleep. Do it again the next day. It may seem like forever, but one day, you will wake up, look back and say 'wow, look what I've come through!"

I started to rely on God's strength little by little.

One thing that really helped was to worship Him. To just get in my car, drive, and worship God. Sometimes I sang, sometimes I silently listened to the words. After not too long, I could feel Him there. Feel his strength...and I leaned on it.

And you know what?

I came through it. It was by no super power of my own....even now there are days when I feel weak, but I am still here.

And honestly? Things are better than they were before the storm...though I never would have believed it would be possible.

That brings me to my next point:

Satan sucks. He roams the earth spreading misery,planting seeds of doubt and lies into our lives, and watching contentedly as they grow...and destroy our lives.

It may be tempting to blame God for what you are going through, but I would encourage you to rethink that....think about who is really responsible.

You are God's child. He loves you more than you know and wants to hold you through this storm. He wants to destroy the lies of satan in your mind and instead, fill you with his peace and love.

And rebuild your life.

God is ALWAYS good. Always. Always.

"Don't tell God how big your mountain is...tell the mountain how big your GOD is!"

And remember, I love you too, and am praying for you. Your situation weighs heavy on my heart...I think about you often and will be here for you.


6 comments:

  1. So awesome!! Thanks for sharing. Yes, Job had no idea it was Satan slamming him down! "For when I am weak, then I am powerful."(2 Corinthians 12:9,10) because our power comes from another source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a comforting and wonderful article, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of a book I just read called "Tattoos on the Heart" by a Jesuit priest names Greg Boyle who works with gang members in LA. He said that Jesus says "You are the light" not "you will be the light if you...whatever" but you are perfect now in His eyes. That has really stuck with me. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy did I need that today! Thank you for reminding me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Jade: I was wondering if you did any of Jillian's other work outs or just the 30 Day Shred? I'm thinking of what I want to do next and was looking for opinions. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Athena, I left a comment on your blog about it, just in case you check there first :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10