Friday, August 12, 2011

Thankful Thursday...The Sanity Saver Edition

"When life gets sour, sweeten with gratitude" -Unknown

Oops, Thursday's post is kind of melting into a Friday post!

Today, I'm focusing my gratitude on those things that I can turn to when life starts going too fast. Things that, while they aren't permanent fixes, are just that little bit extra help to get me through a stressful day, hour, or minute. Without them:




So, for all of my sanity savers in life, I say THANK YOU!

1. The bathroom...some days that room is my only escape from the drama that comes along with having 4 girls!

2. My minivan. Yes I said it. An Audi would be cooler, but try hauling four kids, $250 worth of groceries, and a bag of dogfood in one! I'm very in love with my minivan, and thankful for all of the events that led up to us getting it.

3. My glider. Unbelievably, I went through 3 babies without owning one, thinking they were overrated. Then when I had Danica, Daniel bought me a glider, and I fell in love :)

4. Facebook.

5. My watercooler

6. Chocolate

7. Friends...the tv show :)

8. Friends...the people. I have some amazing girls in my life that chat with me and support me through even the most stressful of "kid days"

9. Date Nights with my amazingly hot hubby!

10. Worship Music in my van

11. SLEEP. It's currently almost 3am and I am up with my 2 year old who has been having sleeping issues...it's making me very aware of how thankful I am for some sweet sleep!

12. Lunch dates with friends

13. Coffee surprises...my friend Angela is great at these. She has been known to drop by my house with a Tim Horton's coffee just to brighten my day!

14. Bubble Baths. Even better when enjoyed with number 6!

15. My blog.

16. Rotary Lake...what a great place to bring your kids in the heat of summer. It has everything! A park, cool water, lots of friends, grass, and shade!

17. When Myka plays quietly by herself. I don't mean that to sound like I don't enjoy my daughter's voice. I do. But since she turned two a month ago, she seems to have entered a constant state of WHINE that I do not love. Thus, I am thankful for the quite when it comes.

18. My sewing machines. What better way to forget the stresses of the day than with the hum of the sewing machine?

19. Exercise. I don't take advantage of this natural sanity saver nearly often enough! But, I have started doing it more, and it's amazing how much it helps! I'm so thankful to have a body that has all working parts so I can exercise!

20. Deep breaths...or the ability to take one. Never underestimate the power of closing your eyes and taking a nice, long deep breath!





3 comments:

  1. God Bless You! I just wrote a post yesterday about my whiny almost 2 year old. It's driving me insane. I'm glad to know I'm not alone! My happy time is my quiet time in the morning with a cup of coffee. :) Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that!! We just got a mini van too, I would like something more sporty too BUT I do love my mini van.
    God bless ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FANTASTIC LIST! I agree about the exercising thing too....that always makes me feel better! Oh, and I loved the book Power of a Praying Wife as well by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10