Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sadie's Post

Remember way back when I used to give regular updates on what all the girls were up to? Well I do, and I miss it. Facebook, IG and Snapchat are all awesome, and I use them all of the time, but they have really taken away from my blogging. And I dislike that :(

Sadie has been in the crazy stage lately. A stage that I wish I could videotape 24 hours a day and save forever, because I know it won't last long. It's been the same with all of the girls, but with her there seems to be a twinge of sadness that this is the last time we will experience the adorable toddler stage.
There is so many jokes on the internet about the terrible two's, and how toddlers are crazy and super frustrating...and sometimes, sometimes I totally agree. There are moments that I just want to pry her little fingers off of me and run and hide under my blankets.
BUT
She is just so flipping adorable lately that it overshadows the hard moments. Like I said, I wish I could videotape her entire life. She is talking now, and her comprehension is large and adorable. She comes up with the cutest things!!

If she had her way she would always be naked, and she is almost always barefoot. I can NOT keep track of where that girl takes off her shoes! My friend called her Mowgli one day, and that nickname stuck in my head because it describes her so accurately. She's fearless, and will try anything, especially if she sees the girls doing it.

She exclaims "wow!" Often, and I love that because it draws my attention to things that had become too normal for me. She really loves mountains. Not only does she point them out whenever we drive, but whenever she builds something with Lego, it's a "mountain".

She repeats everything the girls say, and usually as a question, like she's trying to confirm what they said.
She also responds to us with things that we commonly say. For instance, when I'm asking her to do something that she doesn't want to do, she will hold out her hand in a "stop" position and say, "just a moment" or "wait a moment". She also does that hand gesture when she says, "no, stop!"

She doesn't like when any of us are siting down. She will grab are hands and pull us up while she says, "Mon! Mon with me!"

If I ask her to do something, such as get her shoes on, she's super good at arguing back. "No, I won't!" She says. I usually get really stern then and say, "Sadie, you listen to me. I said get your shoes on. Now." To which she will sigh deeply, shrug her shoulders and drop her head and say, "fiiiine".

"Mom, I watch a movie, please?"

"I have it" as she holds out her hand to try and take whatever you have

"I have a bite?" Anytime I'm eating anything at all

"Toffee? I have a sip"? When I'm drinking coffee. It's so weird that she loves black coffee lol. When she touches the mug she always says, "ow, super hot!"

The other night she came walking into the house at bedtime and said, "mom I hundy".
"You're hungry?"
"Yeah, super hundy"

She is also one of the most affectionate toddlers I have ever seen. When you pick her up for a hug, she wraps both arms and legs around you tight and buries her face right in your neck...usually followed by a happy sigh.
She grabs our faces and kisses us often, usually saying, "love you" along with it, which makes us melt every time :)
She loves all of her sisters, but has a special soft spot for Addison and Tegan, and when they pick her up she hugs them super tight.

I will never ever forget the other day. I was changing her pull up, and as I pulled the new one on, she hugged me tight and said. "mom I love you tazy".
I had to ask her to repeat a couple of times and finally realized she was saying "I love you like crazy"

I just can't get enough of her snuggles :)

When Daniel is around, snuggling him is her number one priority. It is adorable when he asks her to put him to bed. She leads him into the bedroom, tells him to lay down (ay lown), and covers him up. She runs his back while saying "shhh", then comes out of the bedroom and tells us all to "shhh, daddy leeping".

There is so much more I could write, but that's just a snapshot of a few of the things i need to record so I will never forget :) I can't wait to see how much she changes and grows this year. I love watching all of the girls develop over the years!

Sadie baby, you are awesome and I'm so glad you are a part of our family :)


2 comments:

  1. Such sweet memories. I love seeing her pictures, along with her sisters. You have a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice...and sooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeett

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10