Friday, March 27, 2015

Snippets of Life Lately

I think it's safe to say that spring is pretty much here...although spring at our house sure doesn't start out pretty! Right now I'm fighting (and losing) a never ending battle of muddy boots and floors. And clothes. And jackets. And hair. I don't even know why I call "don't get muddy!" After the girls as they head outside. Habit, I suppose.
We have lots to look forward to in the coming month(s) of spring though...my sister is having her first baby, and the girls are so excited for their new cousin! We are also going to Phoenix next week to visit Grandma and Grandpa. Sunshine and pool, here we come! Another thing we are all really looking forward to is planting a garden this year. It will be little, because I am still working on my green thumb, and don't want to crash and burn by planting a gigantic garden. We plan on getting chicks next month too...so brace yourselves for loads of cute "chicky and the girls" photos!

In the meantime, the last two weeks have been spring break, and we planned very little for it. I have to say, it's been a great two weeks. We've stayed home and played, baked cookies and hung out with friends. It's been dreary outside, but still pretty nice, and the girls have kept their evening hours busy playing cops and robbers out there.

It's been so fun watching them use their imaginations. The other day Myka and Danica were playing pretend and doing the usual "pretend you said..." And "and then you did...."
It was pretty quiet until Myka spoke up. "Danica, pretend you said, 'Sweet Mother of Mercy!"
Danica has also started responding with "you got it dude."
Have I mentioned that I introduced the girls to Full House? Lol

Sadie has turned into a little whirlwind, hitting a full fledged toddler stage at the tender age of 9 months. She has become much more confident in her walking abilities the last couple of weeks, and can be seen doing laps around the kitchen island, while shrieking and trying to open drawers. She's so busy with all of that that she can't be bothered to stay still for a diaper change. That girls gets MAD when I try to hold her down for one, yikes!
I don't mind her toddling sometimes though....I like when she follows her sisters down the hall to play with them. They are pretty darn adorable together!

Addison and Tegan have really gotten independent in the past few months. They regularly bake now, although we are still working on them finishing baking all the cookies without trying to pass that job off to me :) they can bake some pretty delicious cookies though!
They like to take the quad out to our field to visit the horse lots. Addison is determined to train him, and from the little I know about horses, she seems to be doing a pretty good job. The other day she came into the house all excited because he finally lifted his hoof for her.

Well, I'm off to finish making dinner. Next to fighting mud, making food for the girls' ever growing appetites seems to be taking up a huge chunk of my time :)
Happy spring break!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10