Thursday, February 04, 2016

Thankful Thursday!!

Well, it has been an eventful week around the Steckly household, that's for sure! And it's getting late (procrastination wins again!), so I'll jump right in.
This week I am thankful:

1. For neighbors who organize and invite us to awesome sledding parties! Daniel was gone last weekend, but our neighbor invited us over. We hadn't been to their house before, and we had such a great time. Sledding, hot chocolate, hot dogs, and great company until much later than we had planned on staying.

2. For days spent together as a family. We had a lot of fun on Monday, despite Sadie's trampoline incident :(

3. For a doctor who was willing to see us at 7:30 at night when Sadie got hurt on Monday. She couldn't be x-rayed until the next morning, but it was reassuring to have him look at her leg and give us things to watch for.

4. For my friend Jacqueline who came to my house today to watch the girls while I went to my appointments in town. I felt bad leaving Sadie with such a fresh injury, and I felt bad for Jaquelin leaving her with a toddler in a cast, but it all turned out ok, and I could rest easy knowing the girls were super well taken care of :)

5. For my customers. My humble little business wouldn't exist without them. This past month I decided to expand my business a little bit more to include selling fabric. The response has been overwhelmingly positive, and I am once again humbled by the support. And by support, I mean supporting my own fabric addiction, lol. I'm glad my customers and I are all in the same boat :)

6. For Addison and Tegan. I'm thankful for many things about them, but this week it's specifically the help they have been. I won't say it has come without attitude. I won't even say it has come without bribery or threats of taking iPods away....but the point is, they have been helpful. I appreciate the fact that they can do so much. Tegan cleaned the kitchen so well last night, it was wonderful. And Addison has helped with laundry, watching Sadie, and she also makes the best
chocolate chip cookies on the planet....which is very important :)

7. For Sadie's kisses. I may have mentioned this one before, but seriously, it's the sweetest. She grabs my head to turn me towards her and kisses me all over my face. And she gives the tightest hugs too. It's perfect.

8. For Myka's attitude this week. Since she started school, we have had a bit of a fight on our hands every morning. She never wants to go....bit we have realized that the reason is that she would rather just stay home and play with Danica. Which is understandable, but frustrating at 7am when we are trying to get her out the door. This week has been different. I don't even know what changed, but she has gotten ready quickly every day, with minimal complaining, and no tears. I am grateful for each day that she goes to school like that...and j hope that it just gets easier next year when Danica can go with her :)

9. For kickboxing. It is the only exercise I actually really love doing, and I do it because I truly enjoy it. But, life gets in the way, and I hadn't gone to class since August. I've done workouts at home, but it's not the same. They all feel like work, lol. Tonight I worked it out and went to class again. It felt so good to be back there :)

10. For long chats with good friends. It is so refreshing to talk about life with someone who is so encouraging :)

And now with half an hour to spare, I'll post thankful Thursday and go to sleep. The mornings come too early around here!
Have a great week everyone :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10