Monday, August 06, 2012

Recipe: Black Forest Cobbler

I saw the idea for this recipe years ago, and had forgotten about it until recently. I no longer had the recipe, so I just made it up....and after trying it wasn't sure if it was worth posting or not.
Today however, after eating almost the entire thing by myself, I decided it was worth posting :p

If for nothing else, it should get you through those dark days of PMS. It's rich, it's sweet, it's chocolatey, and it has cherry pie filling. What else could you want? And that right there was pretty much the recipe by they way...it's THAT easy.




Black Forest Cobbler:

Step One: Pour a can of cherry pie filling into a greased 8x8 inch pan. Stir in a teaspoon or two of vanilla.


Step Two: Devil's Food cake (drool), in a bowl.



Step Three: Melt half a cup of butter and mix it with the cake mix until it's crumbly. It may not be completely damp, but that's ok :)


Step 4: Sprinkle the cake mix on top. I didn't end up using the whole thing...I used a little more than half.


Step 5: Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Some of the "crumbles" will start to darken and the filling will be bubbly.


Step 6: 
Enjoy! Here are some ideas for enjoying it:
-Warm by itself
-Warm with ice cream
-Cold for breakfast the next day
-While the kids are napping and you are coming back here to tell me how much you love it :)

10 comments:

  1. This is a version of the Dump and Drizzle cakes from way back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking as a woman who is currently in the dark days of PMS, this looks like heaven. I even think I have these two ingredients in my cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wooohoo! Glad i could help :) Sorry about the PMS though :(

      Delete
  3. Seriously? Omg...I am in love with this!!! Definitely going to have to make this asap!!!

    Thanks for linking up to the HOP today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! currently *drooling* !

    Following from the GFC hop today :)) Yahoo!

    Katie
    Lady Million

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks way too good girl!!


    Hope you’re having a great day! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop today! Hope you found some amazing new blogs and even some new friends!!

    Melissa @ The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Melissa! You must have a couple super busy days on your hands doing all this! I have not been brave enough to host a hop of this magnitude yet...good for you!!

      Delete
  7. Sounds and looks delish! :)

    I am your newest GFC follower. If you have a moment and would like to, you can visit me here The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10