Wednesday, April 15, 2009

When Things are Tougher than they should be....

Like everyone, I've had struggles in my life. The past year has unfortunately been particularly difficult. During some of the hardest times, I was advised by a very wise friend to start reading the bible front to back, because every word is God breathed. It was all great, but when I got to this verse in Joshua 23, I couldn't take my eyes off it! It has since become my "theme" verse that I repeat in my head daily...whenever things start to get overwhelming.
Saying it helps me remember that with God's help, I can get through any trial that will come in my life. He will guide every step if I let him take control...he is there to fight for me when I can't do it for myself.
So, next time you feel overwhelmed, remember this verse, and how very much God adores you!

10 One of you routs a thousand, because the LORD your God fights for you, just as he promised.


11 So be very careful to love the LORD your God.

3 comments:

  1. What a great verse! I've been meaning to put some notecards with verses up by the mirror in the bathroom and this one would be a great one to add to the ones I've already got :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome.
    thanks, jade!
    i really hope this year is better for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jade, you are such an encouragement!! i had to catch up on a few of your blogs because apparently i'm REALLY behind... i love your pros and cons to being pregnant... i agree with pretty much all of them. especially the "you're going to be busy" comments... "uh yea... because i'm not already?!?!"

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10