Thursday, May 10, 2012

Late Night Chitter Chatter

*Le Sigh*....what a long, emotional day that  was. It is now 11:45 pm, and although I know I should be sleeping, my mind won't shut off. Most of the things on my mind are not things I want to type out on my blog...they are probably best saved for my diary or a long conversation with God.

However, my brain is also in "project" mode. Like "full force" project mode. I was laying in bed trying to sleep, really I was. But every time I close my eyes, detailed, photographic memory type images come to my mind of things I would like to do in the near future. Then Daniel started snoring and I got really jealous that he could fall asleep so fast...so I decided my time would be better spent here!

So the projects:
One of them is something I've thought about for a few years now and have never done. I feel incredibly guilty for not having done it too, because it's really quite simple. I want to write a letter to each of my girls on her birthday each year. I even bought some special paper to write it on...it has some pretty flowers along the top and says "Love, Mom." It will be perfect, once I actually sit down to pen the letters! "birthday season" is coming up for us, and this year I'm determined to get the letters done.

The second project I have in mind is one that my mother in law suggested to me last year, and it kind of goes hand in hand with the first project. The idea is to get a file folder thingy for each girl...you know the accordion like ones that have a closing lid at the top? Yeah those ones. I want to personalize each of them for the girls, then label the files...one for each year. In each file you put things like report cards, one or two special projects from school that year, a copy of pictures you had taken of them, and the birthday letter. I REALLY want to do this project soon....NOT when Addison is in grade 10 and I have to go through years and years of random piles of paper around my house to find what I'd like to put in the files!

The third project I can't stop thinking about is my garden. Not once in my entire 9 years of marriage have I grown a successful garden, and this year I'm determined to change that. How, you ask? By starting extremely small. I'm planning a square foot garden, using a raised bed that was on our property when we got here. Even if it's very successful, it will probably only grow enough food to eat as we go. However, if that's the case, I will be encouraged, and maybe plant a bigger one next year. I just have to know that I am capable of doing it.
*fun side note...it's May 9th and I've already murdered a tomato plant. I didn't even have it a week. That's how bad of a gardener I am!

The fourth is just sewing for Little Lily Bamboo. I am frustrated tonight with the whole thing. I spent the evening trying to sew wipes for some pending orders, and my thread kept breaking. So, instead of throwing the machine out the window, I am just walking away and breathing deeply. I'll try again tomorrow.

Oh, and somewhere in the middle of all that, I really want to organize my kitchen cupboards properly. I want to have all of my spices in one spot, my baking items in another, and tea/coffee in another spot Right now my cupboards are kind of a mess, and I'm going crazy.

So...now that you have had the privilege of seeing first hand just how my brain works at night, I'm going to try this sleeping thing again. Maybe I can rest knowing that all of these ideas are out on "paper"....or at least somewhere where I won't forget them!

I will leave you with a quote I found on Pinterest that I STRONGLY disagree with. Strongly. I can tell you in full detail, 2 nights that I remember as being the best nights of my life. Both of them involved sleeping more than 10 hours, and both of them involved being in bed before 9 pm.


7 comments:

  1. I love you Jade! Hope you get to sleep soon! xoxo Jael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jade, what a lovely post. If you are a reader, check out "Things I Want My Daughters To Know" by Elizabeth Noble, it goes right along with your list of projects. I really like that file box idea (I think I will borrow it). Get some rest and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that post floating around the internet, but have yet to take the time to read it...I'll have to go do that now though, thanks!

      Delete
  3. I hope you accomplish it all!
    You may want to try growing lettuce. It's easy. I grow it in pots on my deck and just pick the outer leaves instead of harvesting the whole plant.

    lovely memories for your children--too important not to do! When my daughter was young for about two years, we had a small journal we shared. We wrote letters back and forth to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way at night !! Can't shut down I have a gazillion things to do as well I am having mothers day here ! I love the file folder idea def stealing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All worthwhile projects -- but I can see why your mind is racing and you're having trouble getting to sleep. Love the projects for your daughters.
    As for the thread breaking, I had that happen a couple of weeks ago. Very maddening!! I changed to a different spool of thread and that did the trick. You might also change your needle (sometimes I need to go from 80/12 to 90/14). Last resort - check tension.
    Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10