Thursday, August 04, 2011

Thankful Thursday-Daniel Edition

"When we're constantly wishing for something, we overlook everything we already have."

About 3 years ago, during a particularly rough patch in our marriage, I read a book. I don't remember which book this thought came out of since I read like, 6 books, but I still think it's worth mentioning.

The idea was that when we're married, we tend to keep two mental lists of our spouse.

The first is the things that bug us about them, or that we simply "put up with" because we are married. This list, we bring out every day at some point; either to them, or to our friends about them.

The second list is all the things we love about them. Their great qualities, and the reasons we married them. This list we tend to save for their eulogy.

Now, obviously neither of those statements are true 100% of the time, but I would bet that they are true more often than we would like to admit!

So, in light of that, today's Thankful Thursday is dedicated solely to my husband....20 attributes about him that I love and am truly thankful for!

1. His commitment to God as his source for learning how to be the man God has called him to be.

2.His deep brown eyes, and the fact that he passed them onto Myka :)

3. I am both thankful and amazed that he is good at pretty much everything! From building a house, to fixing my van, or helping organize the house...I haven't found anything he can't do!

4. His generosity

5. The fact that he tips servers so much when we go out

6. The fact that we seem to have very similar ideas when it comes to the layout and decoration of our house...it makes renovations so much more pleasant!

7. The fact that he works so hard to support our family, and doesn't complain! When I say something like "I'm sorry you had to drive all night last night!" He says, "oh, that's ok, it wasn't too bad."

8. I'm thankful that he's so HOT :p

9. I'm thankful that he tries to see my side of an argument. He's always fair :)

10. I'm thankful that he takes time to play with the girls...they love wrestling with him!

11. I'm thankful for his hands. It may sound weird, but I love holding them and looking at them...they are so manly, with all of their scars from working or riding motorbike...calloused from hardwork. They make me feel protected :)

12. I'm thankful for his patience with me

13. I'm thankful that he is a gentle dad. I can't even remember him ever yelling at our girls. He always does his best to solve the problems that are bugging them, and always disciplines in a fair way

14. I'm thankful for his ideas. He is so creative!

15. I'm thankful that he has dreams and is working to achieve them!

16. I'm thankful that he has a very similar sense of humor to mine :)

17. I'm thankful for his spontaneous nature

18. I'm thankful that he's a saltwater enthusiast. I don't have to do any of the work, and it makes our living room so pretty!

19. I'm thankful that he loves eating nachos and watching a funny movie after the kids go to bed as much as I do!

20. I'm thankful that he's so encouraging to me. He always gives me the benefit of the doubt, even if I've failed in the past. He's wonderful!



I love you Daniel :)

3 comments:

  1. WOW. Such a powerful list and must be so encouraging for your husband to read! THAT is being a true helpmate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bri :) I'm not sure if he's even read it yet...he doesn't get on the internet much lol!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10