Friday, June 08, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 8...Sunset


From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised. 
-Psalm 113:3

I heard a song yesterday...one that I haven't heard in a long time. I think most of you know this, but about 4 years ago, Daniel and I were separated for about 6 months. It was a dark time in my life...there were days when the ONLY thing getting me out of bed was the fact that I had to take care of Addison and Tegan.
During that time, I listened to this song over and over and over again. At first it was hard...trying to praise God when my heart hurt so tremendously bad. But then something unexpected happened. First, listening to the song, then actually hearing the words, then praying the words, and soon, the pain in my heart was cloaked by the love and holiness of God, even if it was only for a little bit at a time!

I'd like to share the lyrics of the song here. If you are going through a hard time, it can be hard to remember that God is good. But he is. God is ALWAYS always always GOOD. He loves us and wants nothing more than for us to come to him with our pain and tears so he can comfort us with his love. He knows better than anyone what the enemy is doing on our earth...the lies he tells, the pain he causes, the lives and marriages that he steals. God knows. Come to him.

I made You promises a thousand times

I tried to hear from Heaven

But I talked the whole time

I think I made You too small

I never feared You at all 

If You touched my face would I know You?

Looked into my eyes could I behold You?


What do I know of You

Who spoke me into motion?

Where have I even stood

But the shore along Your ocean?

Are You fire? Are You fury?

Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?

What do I know? What do I know of Holy?


I guess I thought that I had figured You out

I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about

How You were mighty to save

Those were only empty words on a page

Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be

The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees


What do I know of Holy?

What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame?

And a God who gave life "its" name?

What do I know of Holy?

Of the One who the angels praise?

All creation knows Your name

On earth and heaven above

What do I know of this love?

-Addison Road




1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing jade---we can never know our future, but we know God is always good and always at work in us!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10