Saturday, October 17, 2015

The "I Did" List

My friend jennie, who pens a hilariously real blog,

(http://herdofsheps.blogspot.ca/2015/10/not-to-do-but-i-did.html?m=1)

challenged me in an interesting way yesterday.

Do you make To Do lists? I loosely do...and don't usually get everything crossed off. Or if I do, it's because there was only a couple things on it, and it makes me feel pretty unproductive.
What jennie challenged on her blog was to write an "I did" list instead, to gauge what you actually did that day and show that it is probably a lot more than you think!
Today was a fairly lazy day around here....myka is at grandma and grandpa's, and Addison and Tegan were gone until about 4 pm at sleepovers.
After writing this out, I feel slightly more productive about my day, lol. Thanks for the confidence boosting idea Jennie!!

-washed, dried, folded and put away four loads of laundry
-swept my entire house and vaccuumed the living room carpet
-washed the hallway walls with Sadie
-wrote a new verse on my chalkboard
-attempted to make a healthier brownie to satisfy my chocolate craving while being on the 21 day fix. Fail.
-cooked meatloaf and mashed potatoes for supper
-finished up a Little Lily order, and delivered it when i went to town
-grocery shopped at 8:30pm
-had a friend stop by and bring me a pre-dinner appetizer of boursin cheese and crackers. She is the sweetest ever!!
-organized the fabric for the stockings I want to make our family this year
-talked on the phone with myka twice (she's visiting grandma and grandpa :))
-cleaned my room (mostly)
-picked up almost every thing that Sadie took out of drawers today. It's pretty much a full time job lately.
-watched in awe as Danica built an impressive Lego horse with a fence around it

Given that my day started at 6:22am with an overly energetic toddler, this explains why I was ready for bed at 4pm :)

I'm too tired to write an in depth post about a possible deep meaning to this, but I will say this. After a certain number of days where I have felt less than productive, and have been kind of discouraged, writing this post makes me feel better :)
Write your own! I'd love to see more "I did" lists!

Thanks for the idea Jennie!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10