Saturday, May 02, 2015

After School Gingersnaps

There is no "snap" in these gingersnaps! I tried them for the first time about 5 years ago at a friend's house and immediately got the recipe. Since then, it's the only gingersnap recipe I use, and by far the most requested cookie  in our home. If I don't want to be making them three times a week, I have to at least double it.
They turn out perfect almost every time...except when I don't hear my stove's quiet buzzer and leave them in too long, that is! They are so incredibly chewy and have great flavor. I made a double batch today, so I thought I would share the recipe here so you can make some too!


After school Gingersnaps

3/4 C butter
1C white sugar
1C brown sugar
1/4 C molasses
1 egg
2 1/2 C flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice or ginger

Cream butter and sugars together. Add molasses and egg and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix. Drop by Tbsp full on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes. The edges and top will just be starting to turn brown when they are done....don't overcook or you will compromise the chewiness :) let them cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10