Monday, April 20, 2015

The Little Kitty...A Story By Myka

This evening Myka handed me this story that she wrote at school. I was happy to see it of course, and marveled at the pictures with her. But then she told me what the words said. At second look I realized that even though it looked random, she actually sounded out and spelled the words exactly how she says them (D for "the" for instance). I had to post it here as a keepsake :)
The first page says: "The Little Kitty"
The middle she just told me, so I'll try and relay it accurately.
"The kitty was little, so he ate some yogurt and grew very big! Then he kept eating yogurt and got even bigger."
The last page says "The little kitty got back small again"
No matter how many kids we have, watching each one grow and learn new things never gets old. When Myka started kindergarten in September, she didn't quite know all of the alphabet in order, and to see her do this is pretty cool! Go Myka!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10