Friday, April 20, 2012

Painted Toes and Memories

My lovely coral toenail polish is fading :(

Normally this wouldn't make me sad, but this isn't just any nail polish...

This is nail polish that belongs to my sister, Jael. I painted it on one morning in Australia, and I still remember it like it was yesterday.

We were sitting at her kitchen table, really early in the morning. The back door was open and the cool morning breeze was coming in, Ryker and Danica were munching on "wholemeal" toast with butter, and Jael and I were sipping hot tea and chatting, enjoying the early morning air. 

Then I painted my toes. And it has lasted longer than the tan I got there :) But now it's fading...and every time I think of just taking it off, I start missing my sister really bad and put if off for one more day.


But there is one thing that makes me feel better....and that is knowing just how happy and content she is in her new home. She has an amazing husband, two wonderful children, has made some great friends, and lives in a cute little house! 

We've been on and off best friends our whole lives, but she will always be my little sister...and I can't describe how much it warms my heart to see her doing so well.

I LOVE YOU JAEL!!!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jade! I LOVE YOU TOO! You will always be my big sister, even if I tower close to half a foot over you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice post for your sister. And I have those flip-flops. They are so freakin' comfy, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally! I used to only get Reef ones..and I still prefer those, but I found these at an outlet mall when I was in Oregon last summer and they have been awesome!

      Delete
  4. Jade, you have gorgeous feet! your toes are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10