Sunday, October 16, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili, by popular demand :)

So many people have asked me for this recipe that I decided to just post it on my blog!
I'm posting the recipe here, but the link to the full post where I found it is at the bottom...click it to see her amazing pics!
I make this chili often...it's one my family's new favorites!
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Servings:

1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce (used a 16 oz can)
10 oz package frozen corn kernels (used 2 small cans of corn kernels)
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (used a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder (used a bit more as I didn't have any chilies in my tomatoes)
24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
chopped fresh cilantro

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points).

Photo a Day: WW - Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili: First off, thanks so much for your encouraging words! You are the best!! I wasn't sure about posting my photos - but I am glad I did! You g...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. This sounds really delicious!!

    chatterfromtexas.blogspot.com
    and
    Note Cards and Photos by Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try this one. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made it about 7 times in the past two months...it's SO good and the whole family loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10