Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday

"What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"

Almost a year ago, a friend wrote on Facebook how she had been challenged by a book to write down 1000 things that she was thankful for. I was intrigued, but didn't know if I wanted to commit to doing it at the time. Now, a year later, I have decided to start a Thankful Thursday post to keep me on track. My goal is to end up with 1000 different things that I am thankful for. I'll post 20 a week, which means that in 1 year, I should have posted 1000 things!

I also want to extend this challenge to all my readers. Be sure to let me know if you decide to take it on...I would LOVE to read yours too!

This week I am thankful for:

1. The fact that I can have a personal relationship with God

2. Daniel

3. Addison

4. Tegan

5. Myka

6. Danica

7. The fact that Daniel works as hard as he does to provide our family with the things we have

8. My mom

9. The fact that I have a great relationship with my sisters

10. The weather this week...it's cool enough that my house isn't overheating, and warm enough that we can wear summer clothes

11. Where we live...I like to call it our "little patch of heaven way out west" :)

12. Iced Capps (specifically the mint ones)

13. Teresa...I am seriously blessed to have her as a friend

14. Gail..another great friend!

15. Danica's chubby cheeks :)

16. That I have a nice van to drive my kids around in

17. The fact that our children have such amazing grandparents on both sides

18. Yoga pants

19. My new lawn mower

20. My friendship with my Grandma Joan!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for following me.
    Try this: www.miss-mommy.com and the follower should work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think I should've made the list like this. Your #12 list s my favourite one :)

    dita
    EtsyBlogTeam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Especially the quote - What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

    I have a thankful journal going, and post Thankful Sunday with one thing I am thankful for each week. But we can never be too thankful. Great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea. I used to keep a Thankful Journal and would write down one thing each day. Sometimes it was hard to come up with something new, but I always challenged myself to do so. It's fun to look back on it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea...I do have so much to be thankful for:):) You are indeed blessed:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A thousand things seems daunting, but I bet it's easier than I think. Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely check back to see your list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paige, I figure that after a few lists, I'll just have to get more and more specific LOL I've heard that it's a real eye opener :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea!! I might have to do that someday.

    Lauralee

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10