Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"Thank You"

A little background: Tegan is my non talker. So far all that she has said is yyyyyu! (meant to be yeah, but it sounds more like a karate chop hiyah!), and nnnnno. I've been trying to teach her please and thank you, but nnnnnope!!!

Picture this: today, we were at McDonalds filling up on the 6th food group...fries.
Tegan grabs one, feeds it to Addison, then says "Thank You" as clear as day!!! Such a proud moment!
Oh, and the rest of the story...she KEEPS feeding them to Addison while saying "mmmm" and "thank you" over and over, and after a second or two poor Addison couldn't even close her mouth!!! I was laughing too hard to get Tegan to stop, and when I tried, she thought it was a great game, and kept going....the further Addison leaned back, the further Tegan leaned forward...almost standing in the highchair. I THINK Addison got her monthly dose of Rotten Ronney's grease:)LOL

Oh man...gotta love kids!!!

3 comments:

  1. lol..... did you have to pump her stomach after??

    ryder is a non-talker, too.... and just like tegan, he CAN talk, but chooses to wait until the right moment. be careful though.... i thought tim and amanda's kids could get ryder to start talking, and insteaad he taught them how to grunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations TEGAN!! Aunty is so proud of you! I can't wait to see her, maybe Alexa is a good influence on her after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled reading your post. One of my daughters didn't talk. She just pointed and grunted. Somehow though she always got what she wanted LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10