Sunday, June 07, 2015

Sadie's One!

One year ago today I was snuggling my precious newborn, still in awe that we now had five girls. She was so precious, and such a calm baby. I kept expecting that to end once she had recovered from birth, but she continued to be a content baby for a couple of months. It didn't take long until I learned her "hungry" cues, so I could feed her before she cried. Once she was fed, she was happy to look around and take everything in.
I'm not sure exactly when things changed, but she quickly decided she needed to go everywhere, so she learned to roll, sit and crawl ASAP. Then she walked at 8.5 months...by 11 months she was running away from me and laughing when I told her to come back.
People who know me know that I carry her in a Tula baby carrier often...or as it's more accurately referred to, "the containment device". It's quickly become 100% necessary to have her in it when we are in public. If I just hold her, she squirms to get down, then runs. If I sit her in a cart or stroller, same thing. But for some glorious reason, she has accepted the fact that there is no escape from the tula, and she happily rides in it most of the time. Plus I love the fact that i can kiss her anytime I want when she's in it :)
Sadie's crazy need to run everywhere is just one of the things I've learned about her this year. This kid has one dynamic personality, and we are all having the most fun with her!
Here's what is currently cool in Sadie's world:

-breastfeeding is da bomb, and she still prefers it to solid food most of the time.
-on the subject of food, if we put things in her highchair tray that she doesn't want, or if she's done, she'll look me in the eye with an expressionless face as she drops it onto the floor.
-BUT, when I finally give up trying to feed her and let her out of her highchair, she beelines it under the highchair and eats a high percentage of what she dropped. I swear I don't purposely feed her on the floor 😝
-foods she won't eat: crackers, crisps, yogurt, most bread, applesauce or any other pureed fruit.
Foods she will eat: berries, noodles, smoothies (I guess these are different than pureed fruit because they come through a straw?), cucumber, oranges, dirt from the garden, random things she finds on the floor...whether or not they are actually food.
-if I am sitting on the couch, she is happy to play by herself or with one of her sisters. She'll even leave the living room and go to the bedrooms.
-however, if I try and get off the couch to be productive in any way, she shuts that down quick!
-lately her greatest goal in life is to get outside. This girl knows instinctively that we need to take advantage of the warm weather while it's here, and she is determined!
-she just learned how to give lip smacking kisses, and it's the sweetest thing ever!
-when she's cranky for me, she's almost guaranteed to cheer up as soon as Daniel or Addison walks in the room
-current words that she doesn't say perfectly, but uses in context....mom, dad, milk, ball, up...and she chatters lots to get across everything else she's trying to say.
-she loves to climb, and I am crossing my fingers that she doesn't learn how to get on the counters anytime soon, although this week she's been lifting a foot to the drawer handles, so....
-this week she also learned how to do the plank when I try to put her in her car seat, which is super fun!
-she doesn't understand why she needs to wear a diaper. It's so unfair, mom!

So, as we enter the toddler years with her, I'm preparing to pretty much never get to sit still. Thanks for adding so much fun to our crazy family Sadie! This next part is going to be great :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10